It is a cosmetic surgical procedure to enhance the shape and appearance of the abdomen.
During a tummy tuck, redundant skin and fat are removed from the middle and lower abdomen and also tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall. Abdominoplasty can be performed in both men and women who has protruding abdomen.
In addition to excess fat and skin there are various areas which we take care to get the signature appearance of the abdomen and also to get the sculpted looks, they are:
Signature Navel Repositioning, signature waist or hourglass shape by decreasing love handles, Lipo 360 or Beltplasty.
Signature Navel Repositioning is a cosmetic surgical procedure that changes the size, shape, or position of the bellybutton. This term is popular among both men and women who are not satisfied about the appearance, size, or position of their bellybuttons. When accomplished as portion of a tummy tuck procedure, the size, shape, and position can be altered while the overall stomach wall is being strengthened.
Signature Waist sculpting is a considerably new and productive cosmetic process to offer women to achieve the hour-glass shape and in men to achieve chiseled abdomen by decreasing the love handles. To give you waistline a better definition, you may wish to associate it with a Tummy Tuck.
Lipo 360 or Beltplasty is a type of surgery that helps to remove the loose skin and fat around your waist or belt line. This is also known as abdominal lipectomy, tummy tuck, and panniculectomy. A belt lipectomy is a type of body-contouring surgery. This refers to any type of surgery to remove extra skin and tissue to get a smoother body contour. It can help to improve your look and make you fall in love with yourself.
Full Abdominoplasty surgery
An abdominoplasty can be performed as partial abdominoplasty which is called as mini tuck and complete abdominoplasty which is called as full tuck.
- A full tummy tuck involves removal of excess fat and skin from pubic bone area to the navel and connective tissues and muscles are tightened both above and below the belly button to achieve a more toned shape of tummy area.
- This procedure requires a horizontally acquainted small incision in the area between the pubic hairline, belly button, around the navel may be necessary to remove redundant skin in the upper tummy. The redundant skin is trimmed, and the remaining skin is sutured together.
- This procedure will also realign abdominal muscles and separate tissues around belly button, so that Navel can be repositioned.
- Within a week or two, your tummy tuck will result in a flatter, firmer abdominal figure that's further commensurate with your body type and weight.
- Mini tummy tuck aims to patients who have a minimal to moderate level of excess fat and skin.
- This Procedure involves a smaller incision to remove small amount of lower abdominal fat.
- Person with saggy skin due to aging or person with saggy developed with multiple pregnancies can opt for mini tummy tuck.
- Abdominoplasty often can be combined with ‘Liposuction’ to get a slimmer waist and firmer stomach.
Our experts may advise you the combination with abdominoplasty if required.
Benefits of Abdominoplasty
- Restore a weakened core
- Improve overall flexibility
- Strengthen abdominal muscles
- Improve bladder function
- Reduce itching and skin infections caused by excess skin
- Makeover of the shape and tone of the tummy to produce a hearty and smoother profile
- Improved Abdominal Tone and Better Posture
- Reduction of Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Do minimal activity for the first week after surgery.
- Stay away from lifting, pulling, or strain for the first week after the surgery.
- Should avoid driving for at least 5 days of following surgery
- Start walking around your home at least 3 times per day as it helps with circulation
- Compression garment may require in few cases.
- Drain catheter may be placed to drain the collections from the operated area